Ethicon Suture :
Johnson & Johnson's Ethicon brand of surgical sutures is a living legend. In the United States, Ethicon has offices in Summerville, New Jersey, and Cincinnati, Ohio. Ethicon is the most widely used and best-selling surgical suture brand in the world, as well as in India.
- For more than 50 years, Ethicon Sutures have been sold in India.
- Most surgeons in India were educated to use Ethicon sutures during their medical studies and continue to utilize Ethicon products throughout their careers.
- Ethicon sutures are utilized in ophthalmology, gynecology, orthopedics, cardiothoracic surgery, neurology, dental surgery, gastroenterology, urology, general surgery, and many more medical disciplines.
- Sutures with various shapes and lengths of suture needles can be found in the hospital store.
The successful usage of Ethicon sutures is as follows:
- Skin tissue is repaired.
- Aids in the healthy healing of the skin.
- Bleeding is reduced.
- Bacterial contamination is reduced.
- Aids in the formation of cutaneous coagulation factors.
- Restores the wounded bodily part's natural function.
- Produces a pleasing appearance.
Ethicon suture material :
Surgical sutures may be classified in a few diverse ways. To begin with, suture fabric can be classified as either absorbable or non absorbable.
Absorbable suture : These are made of natural materials that degrade when they come into contact with the skin. Nowadays, the most common material is chromic catgut. The material naturally degrades after 7 days, but it is sprayed with chromium salts to speed up the process and keep it strong for up to 2 weeks.
Non absorbable suture : Silk, cotton, steel, nylon, Prolene, and Mersilene are among the materials used. The time it takes to remove a suture varies based on the situation, but it tends to follow a basic pattern depending on where the sutures are placed. Face sutures, for example, are removed in 3 to 4 days, whereas scalp and trunk sutures are removed in 5 to 7 days.
A number of different materials, shapes and sizes of Ethicon Sutures are available for a medical professional to select from while suturing a surgical incision, internal organ, blood vessel, laceration or wound. Sutures are used in all fields of surgery including obstetrics and gynecology, cardio thoracic, ophthalmology, urology, plastic surgery, orthopedics etc.
Types of Ethicon suture :
There are different types of Ethicon suture. Here's a quick reference guide to the various types of Ethicon suture.
1. Nylon Ethicon sutures : These Ethicon sutures are non-absorbable and have a very high tensile strength. Sutures made of nylon are available in black. Nylon sutures provide high knot security and can be removed without causing tissue adhesion. These sutures are resistant to infection.
2. Vicryl Ethicon suture : These Ethicon sutures used to close thoracotomies by suturing the small and large intestines, peritoneum, fascia, muscle, subcutaneous tissue, and skin.
3. Ethilon Ethicon sutures : This Ethicon suture is a sterile, non-absorbable surgical monofilament suture made of long-chain aliphatic polymers.
4. Polypropylene Ethicon sutures : Sutures made of polypropylene, a synthetic linear polyolefin, are monofilament sutures made of an isotactic crystalline stereoisomer. Sutures made of polypropylene are non-absorbable and provide long-term wound support.
5. Silk Ethicon sutures : These Ethicon suture are designed for general soft tissue closure and ligation, particularly in general surgery, skin closure, ophthalmic surgery, oral surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, psychiatry, and obstetrics.
Buy Ethicon surgical sutures at wholesale price from Hospitals Store:
For doctors, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, home care, and more, we provide the lowest Ethicon surgical sutures price. Different types of Ethicon surgical sutures materials, sizes and needle-types are available for online purchase at our medical supply store "Hospitals Store".
We've put together a buyer’s guide and FAQs below to help you to make it easier and more accurate to buy Ethicon sutures.