Lowest Photoelectric Colorimeter Price at Hospital Store:
At Hospital Store, we take pride in offering the lowest photoelectric colorimeter prices, catering to the needs of doctors, hospitals, laboratories and more. We are committed to providing high-quality photoelectric colorimeter from top brands, including Klett, Systronics, Beacon, Manti, Hunterlab and many more. In addition, we back our offerings with a Price Match Guarantee for these trusted brands.
Photoelectric Colorimeter Price Range:
The cost of a photoelectric colorimeter equipment can vary significantly, depending on the type, models and the brands. Photoelectric Colorimeter Price Ranges between In INR 4,000 to INR 50,000.
What is a photoelectric colorimeter?
A photoelectric colorimeter, commonly known as photo colorimeter is a scientific tool which is used to determine a substance’s concentration in a solution based on its color. It operates under the principle of the Beer-Lambert law, which states that the absorption of light by a solution is inversely correlated with the substance's concentration and the length of the light's path. The photoelectric colorimeter is an accurate and cost-effective tool for determining how much light a solution can absorb. The tool is simple to use and delivers precise results quickly. Any laboratory performing research on the light absorption by various solutions must have a photoelectric colorimeter. A tool used to assess the hues of solutions is a photoelectric colorimeter. This is accomplished by measuring how much light the solution absorbs. The use of a photoelectric colorimeter has the benefit that it is highly accurate and easy to use.
How does a photoelectric colorimeter typically operate, and what are the key principles underlying its functioning?
- Illumination: This kind of colorimeter uses a tungsten filament lamp or a light-emitting diode (LED) as a light source, which produces a beam of light through a sample.
- Sample cell: In a sample cell or cuvette, the sample that will be studied is placed. The outermost layer of this cell, which is often composed of glass or quartz, is transparent to let light pass through the sample.
- Wavelength selection: Some colorimeters let you select a particular light wavelength that is ideal for the substance you are measuring. A monochromator or replaceable filters are frequently used for this.
- Photodetector: It can be a photodiode or a photomultiplier tube which is used to measure the intensity of the transmitted light.
For the quantitative analysis of a wide range of substances, such as ions, organic molecules, and proteins, that can be detected based on their color or the color change they cause in a reaction, photoelectric colorimeters are extensively used in a variety of fields, including chemistry, biochemistry, environmental science, and medical laboratories.
What is the use of photoelectric colorimeter?
Here’s an overview of the uses of photoelectric colorimeter in various fields:
- Chemical analysis: The primary use of photoelectric colorimeter is in chemical analysis. It is utilized to analyze the concentration of a particular substance in a solution, by measuring the absorbance of light by a solution. It can be employed in determining the concentration of ion, organic compounds, or biochemical substance based on the color change.
- Environmental Monitoring: Photo colorimeter are used to determine the quality of water. Additionally, it can be used to detect the pollutants in water by measuring the absorbance of specific impurity like metal metals or chemical contaminants.
- Biological research: In the field of biological & scientific research, photoelectric colorimeters are widely used for the quantification of protein, nucleic acids, and enzymes also. Particular dyes or reagents are used for effective analysis of these biochemical molecules.
- Food & beverage industry: Photo colorimeter allows assessing the color and concentration of eatables and drinks like fruit juices, alcoholic beverages, to ensure that they meet set standard quality.
- Medical & Clinical Uses: It is used for various diagnostic procedures such as in blood sampling or urine sample testing. It provides the physician with precise calculations and results.
How do Photoelectric colorimeter work?
A photoelectric colorimeter quantifies the concentration of a solute in a solution by assessing its light absorption properties. It emits light of a specific wavelength through a transparent cuvette containing the sample. A photodetector measures the intensity of light before and after it passes through the sample, and the disparity is employed to compute the sample's absorbance. Using the Beer-Lambert law, the absorbance is correlated with the solute's concentration. This instrument plays a pivotal role in chemistry and environmental science for accurate concentration analysis.The above image depicts how a photoelectric colorimeter operates